Sunday, October 1, 2017

Sunday Hiatus!

Hi friends! Today I'll be taking a hiatus of 24 hours. I am currently in Chicago, at a national conference to present a design project that my senior design engineering group did during the last academic year. This has been an amazing weekend trip and I have loved every second (yes, even being in the airports, which always stresses me out). The student design competition is this morning and then we will be flying back on Sunday night. Wish us luck! We'd love to take home first place. But I'm also really content with just being here and having had the opportunity to travel to a place I'd never been. We did so much sightseeing on Saturday and that made the trip 1000% worth it. But all good things must come to an end!

Tomorrow I will post my review of The Knowing by Sharon Cameron, which I read this weekend and absolutely loved. But for now, talk to you all later!

Here is a picture of the yummy deep-dish pizza I had on Friday night. :D


7 comments:

  1. Good luck!! And that pizza looks delicious! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh...that pizza pic just made my stomach growl so loud. haha! It looks so good! I hope you have a safe trip home from Chicago and I'm glad you had a great time. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so want to try out deep dish pizza, my sister lives there and loves it. Hope you have fun and I see you are reading The Sea King. I LOVED it, so I hope you will too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love Chicago - that's great you were able to visit! I hope your presentation went well.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY for being in Chicago :D I hope you had an amazing time there Alyssa. <3 And hope you guys won :D Hugs. <3 As you know, I was in Chicago for a whole week in February.. it wasn't all that awesome for me, haha :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!